Monday, April 1, 2013


-->

Video Volunteers and ARZ
 

In the morning we were off to ARZ. I was curious to see what it was like. I was going to be different than the other NGOs we had seen before. When we pulled up it had a cute sign and we were walked in by one of the girls. The owner of ARZ spoke with passion and conviction. He gave us a different perspective on trafficking.

He told us that the woman’s families needed help as well. Everyone can be damaged and they need a system to help everyone involved. I had never thought of that before.

Next we went to video volunteers. By this time, everyone was tired and hot and I don’t think we wanted to go but it ended up changing my life. We watched documentaries that the youth had made. They were so inspiring, I cried after I saw the last one. They really touched my heart.  Seeing young people make a difference gave me vision for what we could do in America. After the presentation we asked a few of them how you would begin to be an activist and what that meant to them. This footage was great for later use.

We decided to make our documentary about this organization. I feel that they can really make a difference if they make some changes. We got a chance to interview a couple of their volunteers. We wanted to know what it means to them to be an activist and how to get involved. Sitting down with them and hearing their stories were so inspiring. You could see their passion and how ready they were to change the world. Their stories touched our lives. I am so excited to get back to the states and share our knowledge with them!!



What an amazing day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment